Client: Johnstone Homes
Project: New website design
Award-winning Johnstone Homes are one of Southwestern Ontario's leading housebuilding companies, with an impressive portfolio of developments in the London area.
With over 25 years of experience, the company wanted a new website design that reflected the quality of their homes, and allowed prospective buyers to easily access a wealth of information on their current developments.
Key elements of the project included:
- A mobile device friendly design for prospective home buyers to view homes for sale 'on the move'
- An attractive and detailed microsite for each development
- A visually appealing, modern site with plenty of images of the homes
- Research into SEO keywords and integration into text for high SERPs ranking in this competitive marketplace
Mobile friendly design
With over 68% of Canadians owning a smart phone in 2014, it's not surprising that many of them are searching for new homes on their mobile devices. By making their website mobile-device compatible, Johnstone Homes opened up their development details to home buyers who were searching on their mobile phones as they drove around the area.
Home development microsites
With a choice of high quality developments available, it was important that each development had its own microsite of detailed information. Akira Studio devised an attractive full screen design that scrolls down through all the information home owners could wish for. All microsites are contained within the main Johnstone Homes website, and are fully customisable by the Johnstone staff via the CMS interface.
SEO keyword research
Akira Studio undertook in-depth keyword research to ensure that the Johnston Homes website ranked well in local, Ontario and even national SERPs results for a variety of keywords. The research identified a number of keyword variants which, when carefully integrated into the website text, ensures Johnstone Homes’ website appears in a wider range of search results than their competitors.
- Full screen website design
- Scrolling background images (colour balanced by Akira Studio)
- WGAC AAA compliant website design Microsites include:
- Development site plan • Downloadable floor plans for all property types
- 360 tours • Detailed driving directions to onsite model houses
- Interactive location maps including walk scores ton all local amenities
- Neighbourhood information including schools and colleges, parks and trails, transportation, shopping, health and recreation, cafes and restaurants
- Latest news (as a categorized blog post)