Who Can Access This Funding?
The funding is available for almost any type of farm or agri-based business including:
- Garden Centres, Greenhouses, and Nurseries
- Agriculture Associations
Not Sure An E-Commerce Website Is Right For You?
Don’t take our word for it – here are examples of three businesses who seized the opportunity and contacted Akira Studio to help them.
Shop Bike Coffee
Our own favorite coffee shop here in Bayfield had to close its doors to over the counter service due to the pandemic. Luckily we had recently designed and built a new e-commerce website for their business enabling them to sell their coffee online. Now customers can buy and get their favorite coffee beans delivered to their door. It maintains the original customer base of the store along with curb side pickup, and expands it through those searching online for quality coffee as their own local cafes shut down.
River Road Brewery
This farm-based brewery grows all the ingredients that go into their delicious craft beers. Akira Studio is now building a new River Road Brewery e-commerce store so beers can be ordered online and collected curb-side from the brewery!
Bayfield Farmer’s Market
Physical distancing is tricky in a traditional marketplace, so Bayfield Farmer’s Market decided to move into the biggest space of all – online! With a brand new website bringing individual vendors together, customers can pre-order a whole range of fresh produce from the online store for curb-side pickup. Once restrictions are lifted, the same online experience can continue to provide them with the freshest local produce in ways to suit them.
Want to take your farm, agricultural business, brewery or produce online? Call us here at Akira Studio. We have the expertise to create attractive e-commerce websites that work beautifully, with all the latest security, delivery, tracking and payment features built in. All you need to decide is what to sell!
What Businesses are Eligible For Financial Help With Websites?
To apply for the website and e-commerce grant, your business need to:
- Be involved in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sectors;
- Be in compliance with all Requirements of Law and agree to remain in compliance with all Requirements of Law for the duration of the project;
- Be a legal entity capable of entering into an agreement with the Province of Ontario;
- Provide a Canada Revenue Agency Business Number as part of the application process; and
- Be engaged in the project and be contributing cash towards the project.
What Activities Can Be Funded By The New Schemes?
Both the $5k and up to $75k funding can be used towards:
- Developing, enhancing or expanding “an online marketing platform” (i.e. a website) with e-business capabilities
- Website design and graphics
- SEO research
- Social media marketing services
- Buying a new domain name
- Start up fees for hosting or licences (first six months)
Funding can also be used to train staff, create new methods of fulfilment and delivery, and even for minor modifications at your premises to comply with social distancing, such as curb side pickups.
How Much Does A New Website Cost?
With many web developers, the budget for a straightforward new website without e-commerce could easily exceed $15k. Not with Akira Studio. We keep our prices lean and cost-effective because we build all our websites in-house, using our own team and streamlined systems. Our website hosting is secure, robust, and cost-effective for any size of business, especially important for e-commerce and e-business website security and reliability.
Take Note Of The Timescales
The main difference between the two schemes’ criteria is the timescale.
- For the Stream 1 Bring your Business Online award, your projects must be implemented and completed no later than November 30, 2020.
- For the Stream 2 Develop Online Business Opportunities award, your projects must be implemented and completed no later than September 30, 2022.
Call us at Akira Studio to discuss your products and services, what you’d like to achieve, your timeframes, and your budget. We’ll talk through your options, and explore ways to bring your products to the digital marketplace through innovative web design and good old-fashioned business sense. We can then provide you with a plan and current costings to include with your application form. Call us, email us, fill in the contact form – we don’t mind how you do it!